Your Handwriting Leather Catchall
This leather catchall, laser-engraved with a personal message handwritten by you or your child(ren), makes a truly unique and meaningful gift for a loved one. They're sure to cherish it for years to come!
HANDWRITING SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Tips for best results:
- A lighter/brighter leather color is recommended for optimal legibility
- Black or dark ink
- Broad tip marker or pen
- Plain white paper (Please do not use lined paper.)
- Few to no shadows in image submitted
Within 24 hours of ordering, send a scan or photograph via email. Our email address can be located on the "Handwriting Submission Instructions" photo included with this product's example photos. (It can be found after the two color swatch images. If you have trouble locating it, please send a message through our Contact page and we can provide the address that way instead.)
- After image submission, we will respond within 24 hours to confirm receipt and verify it is of sufficient quality for engraving. If you do not receive a response in that timeframe, you should assume your image was not received and should try sending it again.
- The order will ship within 3-5 business days from when your image is received. A delay in providing the image may, therefore, delay your order's ship date. If you expect it will take you a few days to prepare/obtain the handwriting image, we respectfully request that you wait to place your order until after the image is on hand, so that it can then be submitted promptly.
- Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
Also, please note that laser-engraving may have a dark brown or black tone to it, depending on the color of leather selected. See our “Laser-Engraved Text Examples” for sample representations of how engraving looks on each leather color option.
Select from the following stain colors for the catchall:
- Dark Blue
- Light Brown
See our “Leather Colors” photo for examples of these. Note that actual colors may differ slightly due to variations in screens and leather and that the texture of the leather may show slight variegation in the color tone across the surface of the leather. Each piece of leather is unique and may exhibit a different “pattern” or markings.
This catchall design is available in the following sizes:
- Large: Interior measures approx. 5 3/4" wide by 7” long.
- Medium: Interior measures approx. 4 1/4" wide by 5 1/4” long.
See our “Catchall Size Options” photo for examples of these with explanations of what items they are ideal for holding.
We use premium full-grain, veg-tanned Italian leather for our catchalls. The leather thickness for all sizes is 5 ounces and it has a medium firmness. There is a somewhat rustic-looking texture with slight variegation to the color tone across the surface of the leather. Each piece of leather is unique and may exhibit a different “pattern” or markings. As noted above, color may vary slightly due to variations in screens and leather.
The process we use to shape our catchalls is called wet forming. It results in the leather having a somewhat more firm feel and becoming slightly stiff. It will hold its shape but is still a bit pliable if you attempt to manipulate it with your hands. The wet forming method enables the tray to maintain its shape without the use of rivets. As each catchall is formed by hand, there may be slight variations in the final shape.
The leather is finished with a satin resin which gives a slight sheen to the surface while offering some protection and added durability for the piece, helping to ensure its longevity. We also burnish the edges of the catchalls to give them a smooth, finished appearance.
All catchalls are made-to-order. Orders ship within 3-5 business days via USPS First Class Mail or you may upgrade the shipping method at checkout. Tracking information will be provided at time of shipment.