Custom Message Leather Catchall
Create a one-of-a-kind gift for someone special with this customizable leather catchall. It's a wonderful way to share a personal, meaningful message that they are sure to treasure for years to come.
A few important notes regarding your custom message:
- PLEASE PROOFREAD! Be sure to carefully proofread your text before placing your order. We often begin processing orders immediately upon receipt, so revisions at a later time may not be possible unless a revision fee is paid. We will copy and paste your message, so the engraving text will be precisely what you send.
- Punctuation is fine -- so long as the font you select doesn't indicate it is unavailable -- but do not include emojis or other image-type symbols such as hearts, as these are incompatible with the fonts. If you desire inclusion of imagery along with text, you will need to message us directly to discuss creating a more customized design for you.
- Be sure to review the paragraph below regarding layout. Also, we do not automatically send a proof image of the engraving before proceeding with that step. If you want to see a proof first, you must request it at the time you place your order (via note to seller at checkout or note in the personalization box). If you do not request a proof at the time of purchase, subsequently request one after your design has already been engraved, and then desire a modification, a revision fee may apply.
Please note that laser-engraving may have a dark brown or black tone to it, depending on the color of leather selected. See our “Laser-Engraved Color Examples” for sample representations of how engraving looks on each leather color option.
Your desired text will be laser-engraved in your choice of 20 fonts. See our two "Laser-Engraved Font Options" photos for the complete list and examples of available fonts. The font size will be determined by the amount of text requested -- shorter messages will be engraved with a somewhat larger font than longer messages. We will use our best judgment as to what looks most appealing and fits within the dimensions of the catchall.
Text will be centered unless you specifically request otherwise. If certain lines of text run long, they may be split over more than one line. If you have a very particular layout/design in mind, please message us before ordering to ensure we will be able to accommodate it.
Select from the following stain colors for the catchall:
- Dark Blue
- Light Brown
See our “Leather Colors” photo for examples of these. Note that actual colors may differ slightly due to variations in screens and leather and that the texture of the leather may show slight variegation in the color tone across the surface of the leather. Each piece of leather is unique and may exhibit a different “pattern” or markings.
This catchall design is available in the following sizes:
- Large: Interior measures approx. 5 3/4" wide by 7” long.
- Medium: Interior measures approx. 4 1/4" wide by 5 1/4” long.
See our “Catchall Size Options” photo for examples of these with explanations of what items they are ideal for holding.
We use premium full-grain, veg-tanned Italian leather for our catchalls. The leather thickness for all sizes is 5 ounces and it has a medium firmness. There is a somewhat rustic-looking texture with slight variegation to the color tone across the surface of the leather. Each piece of leather is unique and may exhibit a different “pattern” or markings. As noted above, color may vary slightly due to variations in screens and leather.
The process we use to shape our catchalls is called wet forming. It results in the leather having a somewhat more firm feel and becoming slightly stiff. It will hold its shape but is still a bit pliable if you attempt to manipulate it with your hands. The wet forming method enables the tray to maintain its shape without the use of rivets. As each catchall is formed by hand, there may be slight variations in the final shape.
The leather is finished with a satin resin which gives a slight sheen to the surface while offering some protection and added durability for the piece, helping to ensure its longevity. We also burnish the edges of the catchalls to give them a smooth, finished appearance.
All catchalls are made-to-order. Orders ship within 3-5 business days via USPS First Class Mail or you may upgrade the shipping method at checkout. Tracking information will be provided at time of shipment.